Computer Science and Engineering


Student Petition Information

The College of Engineering Student Affairs office is located in Bourns Hall A159.

Student Petitions

Computer Science and Computer Engineering students use the following forms for various petitions.

By far the most common request is to petition for course coverage based on a course taken elsewhere, or sometimes based on other previous experience. Select course coverage petition for these requests.

In addition to the plethora of lower-division course articulations with statewide colleges, there are several upper-division requests that we frequently receive. You do not need to petition for the following courses, since they are given blanket approval.

  • UCI ICS141 can be used to waive CS181 (Programming Languages)
  • UCI ICS153 can be used to waive CS164 (Networks)
  • UCI ICS171 can be used to waive CS170 (Artificial Intelligence)

However, note that petitions may not be used for special add/drop requests (e.g., enrolling in a full course). See the College's Student Affairs office for such matters.


More Information

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

Career OpportunitiesUCR Libraries
Campus StatusDirections to UCR

Department Information

Department of Computer Science and Engineering
351 Winston Chung Hall

Tel: (951) 827-5639
Fax: (951) 827-4643