Breadcrumb

COLLOQUIUM- "Preserving Privacy in Location Data for Urban Mobility Research"

Add to Calendar 09/29/2023 11:00 09/29/2023 11:50 America/Los_Angeles COLLOQUIUM- "Preserving Privacy in Location Data for Urban Mobility Research"

In this presentation, I will delve into the pivotal role of location data and its analysis in
fueling a wide array of applications spanning urban planning, transportation, public
health, and security. Concurrently, I will underscore the sensitivity of this data,
compounded by growing privacy concerns, potentially hindering its accessibility.
Therefore, I will survey various strategies aimed at safeguarding location privacy, all the
while preserving the invaluable utility of these applications.
Of particular focus will be our exploration of deep neural network methodologies
tailored for the release of both aggregated location data and the generation of synthetic
location visit sequences. I will conclude by unveiling emerging applications on the
horizon, accompanied by the associated challenges and open questions awaiting
resolution.

-
Bourns A125

resolution.

Type
Colloquium
Target Audience
Students
Admission
Free
Registration Required
No
Let us help you with your search