Breadcrumb

COLLOQUIUM-Towards a Reliable and Performant Cloud Network Infrastructure

Add to Calendar 03/08/2023 11:00 03/08/2023 11:50 America/Los_Angeles COLLOQUIUM-Towards a Reliable and Performant Cloud Network Infrastructure

Abstract:

Today users’ requests for information or content on the Internet are often handled by servers hosted in remote data centers. Many user-facing applications such as search, video streaming, and social media are data-intensive. To handle the massive scale of data, requests from users are processed by distributed microservices like load balancers, in-memory caches, databases, and message queues which are connected via a reliable and performant cloud network infrastructure. 

In this talk, I will present my research work towards a reliable and performant cloud network infrastructure. My proposal is to optimize congestion control and traffic load balancing via software-defined fabric edge and core. At the fabric edge, I will present AC/DC TCP, a virtual switch-based congestion control scheme for multi-tenant cloud, and Presto, an edge-based traffic load balancing scheme for data centers. In the fabric core, I will introduce the challenges of hashing design in modern data center networks and the mitigation techniques. Finally, I will briefly talk about my ongoing research work and future research agenda.

-
Bourns A265

Abstract:

Type
Colloquium
Target Audience
Students
Admission
Free
Registration Required
No
Let us help you with your search