Breadcrumb

COLLOQUIUM- Computer Vision and Graphics for Marine Challenges

Add to Calendar 04/28/2023 11:00 04/28/2023 11:50 America/Los_Angeles COLLOQUIUM- Computer Vision and Graphics for Marine Challenges

The fundamental challenge of applying computer vision algorithms in the marine environment is how dynamic it is: objects like fishes are constantly moving, seaweed and soft coral change their shapes with water current, light becomes everchanging and also attenuates as we go deeper. Depending on the season, location, and even different time in the day, the visibility can vary significantly. In this talk, I will discuss some of our recent computer vision and graphics projects that aim to address the challenging marine environment. After that, I will briefly overview my different research directions and describe how they are connected to contribute in different multidisciplinary projects such as city planning, seafloor surveying, and fishery design.

-
Bourns A125

Type
Colloquium
Target Audience
Faculty
Admission
Free
Registration Required
No
Let us help you with your search